At Returntaq, we take your privacy very seriously and we strive that all your personal information provided to us is stored and processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. By visiting the Returntaq website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
OUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION POLICY IN SHORT:
At Returntaq, we collect information (personal data) only to make our service useful and relevant for you. The aim is to protect and repatriate your items, which you decided to register within the Returntaq system. We only use your information to repatriate your items. For this purpose, your information may be provided to the individual or agency in physical possession of your item, to ensure repatriation of your belongings registered under Returntaq. The information we collect is not used for profiling nor commercial purposes. However, we may release information to authorities where required by law. With your consent upon subscription to the Returntaq service, your information may be provided in bona fide (good faith) basis to airlines, airports and security agencies solely for operational and/ or security reasons pertaining to repatriation or disposal of your Returntaq -registered items.
SCOPE OF THE POLICY:
YOUR CONSENT TO COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA:
We only collect personal information based on your specific consent that is relevant to the purpose and efficient use of the Returntaq service. This information allows us to provide you with a customized service and experience, while registering or repatriating your items.
Here is why, where and how we collect and process information:
In order to use Returntaq services, you must create an account. We took great care to ensure the mandatory information and any personal data required to create an account are at the absolute minimum.
By creating and maintaining your Returntaq account, you are giving Returntaq your specific consent to collect, store and process your personal data provided. The purpose of this consent is to protect and repatriate items, you’ve decided to register into the Returntaq service. You are creating a Returntaq account in order to be able to manage centrally all your Returntaq registered items, respective contact details (personal data) – and to subscribe to or unsubscribe from various elements of the Returntaq service at your own time and will.
- Registered Items:
The nature of the Returntaq service lies in you providing additional information about an item you care about, such as its brand, model, colour or a serial number. This information might be useful to prove your ownership to the item’s finder (an individual or an institution) should the item be lost.
- General information, when using Returntaq website and services:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way, e.g. via an inquiry you sent us directly. When using Returntaq service, you are providing us your consent to collect and process certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Returntaq and its authorized agents automatically receive and record standard “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser. These include your IP address, Returntaq cookie information and the page you requested. Returntaq uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, as well as to improve its overall functionality and administer and improve its website interactions. Should you wish that this information is not collected and processed, please, activate respective restrictions within your browser or device settings.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored in your computer’s hard drive. They help us understand, how and when pages in our Returntaq website are visited. Returntaq will always ask your permission before storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Note that your permission might be saved in your cookies, so we don’t need to request it in case of multiple visits. Returntaq cookies do not collect personal data, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information. We recommend that you accept Returntaq’s cookies to make full use of our services. Our system will ask you to accept cookies from Returntaq so that it remembers you. We recommend that you agree to this. It is safe. However, you may decide not to – or you may change your decision at any stage.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
Because Returntaq enables people to privately exchange information with one another, information about the people who use Returntaq is an integral part of the Returntaq service and experience. We will share your personal information only as described below:
- Personnel: Returntaq personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may, subject to strict duty of confidentiality, have access to user information required to carry out their business duties.
- Airlines, Airports and Security Agencies: Your information may be shared with airlines, airports and security agencies to facilitate handling of your luggage or other registered items solely for operational and/or security reasons, such as returning your property or facilitating checked baggage security screening.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy assets from other companies or sell assets to other companies. User information might be part of these kind of transactions. Moreover, if Returntaq, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
- Protection of Returntaq and Others: We may release personal information when that release is necessary to comply with the law; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or to protect the rights, property or safety of Returntaq, our employees, our users, or others.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, You can always select, which information you wish to share and alternatively opt-out from sharing any information.